Friday, December 19, 2008

AUSTRALIA!

So I found out that commercial planes are not at all as exciting as I had imagined them to be... aka, I expected more fun little nose dives and stuff :) ...I guess I've just been in too many little planes with crazy pilots xD




We did get some nice little individual TV screens on the first plane from Calgary to San Francisco (San Fran is an unfriendly place. At least, that's what I gathered from all the nasty looks and terrorist warnings over the intercom), and then we were off on a Boeing 747 for a 14 hour trip across the Pacific ocean... 14 hours is a stinking long time, folks. Especially if your only sleeping option is vertical. Ahh well... it was a pretty view:



Awesome, no? Anyway, we landed in Sydney and the security guards at the airport did a one eighty compared to the security in the USA... The Australian security people were joking around with us and basically just lounging against their desks like, "Yeah, yeah, that's a pretty passport. Next!"



And then we got outside... and saw the SUN!!! WOOT!! It was so hot out that for the first time in months a sweater felt uncomfortably warm and the sidewalk was shimmering. *happy* ...And it also smells way better in Australia. No offense to Canada, but it smells... pretty. Like trees and warmth and stuff like that. Plus it's humid and there's no biting cold... anyway. Enough words. You need a picture to see what I mean, no?



Admit it. You're jealous.

Hmm... I could write way more, and post about a thousand pictures, but I think for now I'm just going to go outside. Ciao!

-Amber







WAIT! Just kidding! One more thing: Here's a picture of me stalking an emu. Thought it would amuse. I named him Jimmy (Him? Her? Still don't know.) Okay. Now I'm done.










2 comments:

Sven said...

yes I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

AMBER! You are AWESOME! I'm so glad to see some of the pictures from Australia - they are amazing! Merry Christmas kiddo!